St-Germain Liqueur is created in the artisanal French manner from freshly hand-picked elderflower blossoms. Its sublime taste hints at pear, peach and grapefruit, yet none of them exactly. It is a flavor as seductive as it is elusive.
Soju is a Korean alcoholic beverage distilled from rice that has slightly floral and barely sweet flavors. Pleasantly light with a round mouth-feel and an alcoholic content of 20% (about half as much as vodka), it is usually enjoyed neat, sipped from a shot glass.
Angostura Bitters, a product of Trinidad, is an aromatic preparation of botanically infused alcohol. Just a couple dashes of its distinctive herbal spice flavor enhances the other components by adding another layer of complexity.
To create an Absolutely Bewitching Martini, pair soju with elderflower liqueur and angostura bitters, and enjoy a fusion cocktail that is delicate, captivatingly complex, and impossibly irresistible.
Elderflower Soju Martini Recipe
- 2 oz. soju
- 1 oz. elderflower liqueur
- 2 dashes angostura aromatic bitters
- lemon wheel
- Combine soju, elderflower liqueur, and bitters with ice in a martini shaker.
- Stir until very well chilled. Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel, and edible flowers if available.